Make Diabetic Plum Jam to preserve the summer’s plums with this delicious recipe with Truvia (stevia). Low-carb, gluten-free,dairy-free. No compromise!
Diabetic Plum Jam (Szilvalekvar)
Recipe developed by Diet Desires.
Serving: 1TBSP | Sodium: 0mg | Calcium: 2mg | Vitamin C: 2mg | Vitamin A: 91IU | Sugar: 3g | Fiber: 1g | Potassium: 41mg | Calories: 12 | Saturated Fat: 1g | Fat: 1g | Protein: 1g | Carbohydrates: 3g | Iron: 1mg
Black plums are the best for this aromatic jam. In America the season is long through summer and fall. By using a small quantity of my favorite sweetener, Truvia you end up with 95 % fruit. 2 ingredients, no preservatives! Makes 2 ⅓ cups, 38 servings.
- 2.2 lb Black plums, fresh whole
- 1 oz Truvia Cane Sugar Blend
- Wash plums.
- Remove kernels, and quarter the fruit. Place plum pieces into a wide pot.
- Mix in Truvia.
- Cook the fruit, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes. Keep an eye on the jam, so it does not burn.
- If the plums are still chunky after this time, mash them in the pot with a wire masher, and cook the plums 10 minutes longer, stirring frequently.
- Pour hot jam in clean jars, cover.
- Bundle jars in a blanket for a minimum of half day to cool slowly. It keeps the heat on, hence improves the preservation process.
Notes & Ingredients
If you have super ripe plums from a farmer, no need to add anything to it! The plums have enough fructose, and one just cooks them long and slowly.. Keep jars in a cool place. After opening one, store it in the fridge.
SHOP MY FAVORITE MUST-HAVES
Tried this recipe?Mention @DietDesires or tag #DietDesires!