Make Diabetic Plum Jam to preserve the summer’s plums with this delicious recipe with Truvia (stevia). Low-carb, gluten-free,dairy-free. No compromise!
Diabetic Plum Jam (Szilvalekvar)
Recipe developed by Diet Desires.
- 2.2 lb Black plums, fresh whole
- 1 oz Truvia Cane Sugar Blend
- Wash plums.
- Remove kernels, and quarter the fruit. Place plum pieces into a wide pot.
- Mix in Truvia.
- Cook the fruit, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes. Keep an eye on the jam, so it does not burn.
- If the plums are still chunky after this time, mash them in the pot with a wire masher, and cook the plums 10 minutes longer, stirring frequently.
- Pour hot jam in clean jars, cover.
- Bundle jars in a blanket for a minimum of half day to cool slowly. It keeps the heat on, hence improves the preservation process.