One of the most beautiful pies one can make for Thanksgiving. The bright red colors are show-stopping. Not as hard to make as you think! Tangy yet sweet Cranberry and Lemon Curd Pie uses both Brown and Cane Truvia with fresh cranberries and a crunchy ginger snap crust. And a sprig of . . . rosemary!
Cranberry- Lemon Curd Pie
- 5 oz gingersnaps cookies
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ½ TBSP Truvia Brown Sugar Blend or brown sugar
- 4 TBSP butter, unsalted, melted
- 12 oz bag of fresh cranberries
- ½ cup Truvia Cane Sugar Blend or 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup water, as needed
- 3 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 TBSP butter, unsalted, sliced, room temperature
- Cook the cranberries: put the berries, ½ cup Truvia (or 1 cup sugar) and ¼ cup water to a simmer in a small saucepan. Simmer the fruit on low heat, uncovered, for about 15 minutes until they've popped and the mixture is quite thick. Let cool slightly, then puree it in a small blender, until completely smooth.
- Set oven to 350F, no fan.
- Prepare the crust: place the cookies in a food processor and process until they are fine crumbs. Add the pecans and process again until its finely ground. Add the butter and process briefly to combine.
- Pat the crust into a 9- inch pie plate, and up the sides. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk the cranberry puree, the eggs, yolks, salt, and lemon juice together in a medium saucepan and set over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon, this will take about 10 minutes or so. Stay by the pan the whole time and keep stirring!
- Let the curd cool for 5 minutes and then drop in the sliced room temperature butter, bit by bit, stirring.
- Pour the curd into the pie crust and smooth out evenly. Chill the pie until it is firm, about 2 hours.
- Décor with sugared cranberries and a sprig of green herb – thyme/rosemary. (To make sugared cranberries, massage cranberries with honey, roll in granulated sugar and let dry.)
Notes & Ingredients
- For a gluten-free crust use: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/276476/gluten-free-gingersnap-cookies/