This diabetic-friendly Apricot sugar free jam is the queen of jams for my hubby. Tart but sweet. The bright orange color brings sunshine in every spoon.
Diabetic Apricot Jam
- 2.2 lbs apricots, fresh whole
- 3.9 oz Truvia, Cane Sugar Blend
- ½ cup water
- Wash apricots.
- Remove kernels, and quarter the fruit. Place apricot pieces into a wide pot.
- Mix in Truvia and water.
- Cook the apricots, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes. Keep an eye on the jam, so it does not burn.
- If the apricots are not ripe enough, mash them with a wire masher* so no big chunks remain. Cook 10 mins longer.
- Pour hot jam in clean jars, cover.
- Bundle jars in a blanket for a minimum of half day to cool slowly. This keeps the heat on, hence improves the preservation process.
- Keep jars in a cool place. After opening one, store it in the fridge.