This diabetic-friendly Apricot sugar free jam is the queen of jams for my hubby. Tart but sweet. The bright orange color brings sunshine in every spoon.
Diabetic Apricot Jam
Recipe developed by Diet Desires.
- 2.2 lbs apricots, fresh whole
- 3.9 oz Truvia, Cane Sugar Blend
- ½ cup water
- Wash apricots.
- Remove kernels, and quarter the fruit. Place apricot pieces into a wide pot.
- Mix in Truvia and water.
- Cook the apricots, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes. Keep an eye on the jam, so it does not burn.
- If the apricots are not ripe enough, mash them with a wire masher* so no big chunks remain. Cook 10 mins longer.
- Pour hot jam in clean jars, cover.
- Bundle jars in a blanket for a minimum of half day to cool slowly. This keeps the heat on, hence improves the preservation process.
- Keep jars in a cool place. After opening one, store it in the fridge.