Jazz up your leftover chicken or turkey with chipotle and cranberry sauce. Mildly spicy, tangy, low maintenance dish. Slow cooker /Instant Pot
Chipotle Cranberry Chicken
- 3 lbs bone-in chicken thighs and/or drumsticks, skinned
- 1 tsp Vegeta
- ½ tsp black pepper, ground
- ¾ cup whole cranberry sauce, preferably homemade, or canned
- 1 cup water, divided
- 4 oz sundried tomatoes, dried
- 8 oz fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 TBSP Cento tomato paste
- 2 TBSP cornstarch
- 2 TBSP lime juice
- 1 TBSP Truvia Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 TBSP canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 TBSP Dijon mustard
- Optional: ¼ diced onion and 1 clove garlic
- Cilantro for garnish
- Place chicken in a 4 or or 4 Qt slow cooker. Sprinkle with Vegeta (or salt) and freshly ground pepper.
- In a blender combine all ingredients. Optional: add onion and garlic. Blend till smooth. Pour mixture over chicken.
- Cover pot. Cook the chicken: use Venting, Slow Cooker, Low Heat and 5 hours setting.
- When cooking finished, remove the chicken pieces into a serving bowl and set aside.
- Optional : concentrate the liquid of the chicken stew: por the liquid into a 12-inch-skillet, and boil it down to the desired consistency.
- Serve chicken and sauce over brown rice, cuscus, gnocchi or with coleslaw. Garnish with cilantro.