Cranberry Fool lets you be "foolish" with frozen or fresh cranberries. Adding fiber by using ancient Amaranth makes this dish gluten-free. My Christmas creation with fresh cranberries. In another season you can use sour cherries. Easy to prepare and amazing for any sweet tooth person with health in mind. Be sure to see the other Foolish Recipes -- Cherry Fool with Amaranth .
Cranberry Fool with Amaranth
Recipe developed by Diet Desires.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cranberries, 1 TBSP orange juice, coconut sugar, and zest. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes. (The berries will pop, and the juice will thicken. You want the berries stay whole, don’t mash them!) Let it cool slightly.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, with a , whip cream cheese, yogurt, sour cream, 3 TBSP cream, vanilla, and half of the ¼ cup coconut sugar. Beat in lemon juice, vodka and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Select half a cup of most intact whole berries from the cooked cranberries. Then scoop half of the remnant cooked cranberry into the cream cheese mix, and purée until smooth. The cream cheese mix turns nice pink.
- In a medium bowl mix the puréed and half of the un-puréed cranberries. Set aside the other half of unpureed cranberries for garnish in a small bowl.
- Pour all the cranberries from the medium bowl into the cream cheese mixture. Mex, then fold in the amaranth.
- In a small bowl, whip together the 1 cup cream and remaining coconut sugar and beat until thickened. Fold into the cream cheese - cranberry mixture. Mix carefully. Don’t break the fluffiness.
- Pour this mixture into a serving bowl. Garnish with the extra unpureed cranberries.
- Cover with a plastic wrap, and chill for the bowl 4 hours before serving.