Fluffy Corn Pudding will mesmerize your family or guests. Creamy, delicious and easy to make. A food staple in the Southwest United States.
Corn Pudding with Bell Peppers
- 3 TBSP butter
- ½ cup onion, diced small
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2.5 oz (half of a medium) red bell pepper, diced
- 2.5 oz (half of a medium) green bell pepper, diced
- 1/6 cup flour
- Optional: ½ tsp salt
- ½ TBSP sugar
- ¼ tsp pepper, ground
- 14.5 oz (1 can) cream style corn
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten with a fork
- 1 cup milk
- In a 3-Qt saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, and bell peppers.
- Cook, stirring often, until onion is soft, about 5 min.
- Stir in flour, sugar and ground pepper; cook, stirring, until bubbly. Remove from heat.
- Open the can of corn. Add corn, eggs, and milk to saucepan, stirring until mixture is well blended.
- Preheat oven to 350 F, no fan.
- Pour corn mixture into a buttered shallow 1.5-Qt baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350 F oven until center appears set when dish is gently shaken (about 40-55 min).
- Serve warm. Can be reheated.