The Italian answer for apple pie: tempting apples in cinnamony creamy bedding. For this Italian Apple Cake recipe, we are requesting you use Cortland Apples
Italian Apple Cake (Torta Invisibile Di Mele)
Recipe developed by Diet Desires.
Serving: 4oz | Sodium: 155mg | Calcium: 85mg | Vitamin C: 11mg | Vitamin A: 329IU | Sugar: 16g | Fiber: 4g | Potassium: 203mg | Cholesterol: 58mg | Calories: 209 | Saturated Fat: 4g | Fat: 8g | Protein: 4g | Carbohydrates: 34g | Iron: 1mg
The Italian answer for apple pie: tempting apples in cinnamony creamy bedding. Lushes.
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- ¼ cup Truvia Cane Sugar Blend
- pinch salt
- 4 TBSP butter, melted
- ½ cup warm milk
- 1 lime zest, finely grated using Box Grater
- 1 cup flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- Juice of one lime
- 4 cups apples, peeled, quartered and sliced 2-3mm, see notes.
- 1 ½ cups apples, peeled, quartered and sliced 5mm
- 1 TBSP Truvia Brown Sugar Blend
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat stove for 360 F, no fan.
- In a large bowl, whip the eggs with Truvia till lighter color.
- Grate the lime using zester grater.
- Add salt, melted butter, warm milk, grated lime peel, whisk.
- In a small bowl mix the flour and baking powder.
- Add the flour mix to the egg mix in two doses, mix together.
- Add lime juice, and stir it well.
- Finally, fold in the 4 cups apples.
- Line a 20 cm springform cake pan with parchment baking paper. Pour the cake mix into the form.
- Sprinkle it with a well-mixed brown sugar and cinnamon. Use a strainer.
- Bake cake for 45-55 minutes. Check it with toothpick. Let it cool.
- Remove cake from springform and paper.
- Serve it on a plate.
Notes & Ingredients
Be sure to choose tart apples like Cortland, Gala, or Granny Smith.
SHOP MY FAVORITE MUST-HAVES
Tried this recipe?Mention @DietDesires or tag #DietDesires!
Please visit this apple reference chart for more information about Cortland Apples. To find even more diet desire recipes visit this link.