This Strawberry Vegan Raw Ice Cream requires no cream maker! Covers so many diet bases. So easy to make quickly. Uses frozen fruit.
Strawberry Vegan Raw Ice Cream
Recipe developed by Diet Desires.
Serving: 0.5cup | Sodium: 6mg | Calcium: 27mg | Vitamin C: 39mg | Vitamin A: 6IU | Sugar: 5g | Fiber: 3g | Potassium: 348mg | Calories: 236 | Saturated Fat: 3g | Fat: 17g | Protein: 7g | Carbohydrates: 17g | Iron: 3mg
No ice cream machine needed! This dessert is a “superfood” for many diets: healthy, vegan, raw, gluten-, dairy- and sugar free! Easy, quick and praised by non-dieters. Make sure, you slice and freeze some ripe berries, when in season.
Homemade Cashew Butter
- 2 cups cashew pieces, raw, unsalted
Ice cream Ingredients
- 3 TBSP cashew butter
- 3 cups strawberries, sliced, frozen, don't thaw them!
- juice of one lemon
- 2 tsp Truvia Cane Sugar Blend
- ⅓ tsp vanilla extract
Make cashew butter
- Make your butter first. (If cashews are too dry, add 1 TBSP water.)
- Add the 2 cups raw cashews to your food processor*.
- Process for about 10 seconds. It will be course.
- Whir another 20 seconds till nuts start to clump together. If your machine does not have a built-in scraper, scrap down the sides to the center near the blades manually. Whir another 20 seconds and scrape again.
- Repeat till you have a smooth cashew butter.
- Measure 3 TBSP from the cashew butter. Put directly into food processor.
- Add to measured cashew butter and the rest of the ingredients.
- Start pulsing your food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve or store in the freezer.
Notes & Ingredients
Can be stored in the freezer.
SHOP MY FAVORITE MUST-HAVES
Tried this recipe?Mention @DietDesires or tag #DietDesires!