Tasty vegan, plant-based “pasta” noodles using zucchini and a spiralizer. All you need is mushrooms, Marsala wine and herbs. Satisfies most diets.
Mushroom Marsala with Zoodles
Recipe developed by Diet Desires.
Serving: 250g | Sodium: 310mg | Calcium: 40mg | Vitamin C: 22mg | Vitamin A: 196IU | Sugar: 12g | Fiber: 2g | Potassium: 731mg | Calories: 229 | Saturated Fat: 1g | Fat: 4g | Protein: 5g | Carbohydrates: 22g | Iron: 2mg
Tasty vegan, plant-based “pasta” using zucchini and a spiralizer. All you need is mushrooms, wine and herbs. Satisfies most diets.
- 2 large zucchini, ends trimmed Photo Main
- 1 TBSP Canola oil, divided
- 1/3 cup onion, diced
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 garlic, minced
- 1 lb mushrooms, sliced
- ½ tsp Vegeta
- 1 ½ cup Marsala cooking wine, or see substitution in Notes
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Handful of fresh thyme
- Coconut cream, or cream, if you can eat it
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté onions 2 minutes, add salt, minced garlic, ground pepper, sauté it 60 more sec.
- Add sliced mushrooms. Sauté them 5 minutes. Add Marsala, Vegeta, herbs.
- Add coconut cream, then bring the mushroom Marsala sauce to boil. Simmer the sauce for 5 minutes, to remove alcohol. Then turn off the heat while you prepare the fresh zucchini Zoodle next.
- Spiralize the zucchini according the Spiralizer with Spaghetti knives. It will take a minute. These will be your zoodles. Divide the zoodles immediately into plates.
- Serve sauce over the spiralized zucchini“pasta” (Zoodles). Decorate plates with fresh thyme.
- Can be stored in the refrigerator, or frozen.
Notes & Ingredients
SHOP MY FAVORITE MUST-HAVES
Tried this recipe?Mention @DietDesires or tag #DietDesires!
I paired this dish with a chicken breast it was perfect for a summer meal! it was light but still gives you the satisfaction of eating a Italian dish with out the guilt.
Dr Hanna Frederick
Hi Mariah, so nice to hear you liked the recipe. Adding chicken makes the meal more fulfilling for sure. Thank you.