Quick and simple vegan, plant-based zoodles “pasta” using zucchini and a spiralizer. Great summer dish using fresh tomatoes and basil. Satisfies most diets.
Zoodles with Tomato and Basil
Recipe developed by Diet Desires.
- 1 zucchini
- 1 TBSP Canola oil
- 1.5 oz onion
- Pinch of salt
- 1 garlic
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup corn
- ½ tsp Vegeta
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ cup basil
- Add tomatoes, water, corn, Vegeta, ground pepper, basil. Sauté them for 10 minutes.
- Spiralize the zucchini according the Spiralizer with Fettuccine or Spaghetti knives.
- Boil pressed zoodles (see note) for 1 minute in boiling water, then cool slightly to prevent them from cooking more by pouring tap water over them in a strainer or colander.
- Serve sauce over the spiralized zucchini “pasta”. Decorate plates with fresh basil. Top with optional cheeses, if you can eat dairy.