Eggs Benedict variations to avoid the high-calorie hollandaise sauce including instructions for how to easily poach an egg and use avocado.
Avocado Eggs Benedict
Recipe developed by Diet Desires.
- Start boiling the water in a skillet.
- Meanwhile blend all avocado cream ingredients together including the tomato paste in a blender or food processor. Set aside.
- Reduce water heating to simmering. Place four egg rings into the water. Slide each egg with the help of a half cup into the water carefully.
- Simmer eggs, for 5-7 minutes or until the whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken still soft.
- Toast the bread and set aside in a covered breadbasket or plate.
- Meanwhile put together the base: place a slice of bread on each of four serving plates. Spread them with the pizza sauce, then the avocado cream, add sliced tomatoes.
- When the eggs are ready top each prepared bread slice with an egg.
- Sprinkle some pepper on the eggs, then garnish half sandwiches with cilantro.