Cherry fool is smashed tart cherries and whipped cream with extra fiber by using ancient Amaranth, which makes this dish gluten-free. Enjoy your summer with fresh tart cherries or winter with canned tart cherries and cream with a twist of flavors. Adding extra fiber by using ancient Amaranth makes this dish gluten-free. Did I mention no cooking?
Cherry Fool with Amaranth
Recipe developed by Diet Desires.
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 3 oz Greek yogurt
- 1 oz sour cream
- 1/8 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ tsp
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar, divided
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup puffed amaranth
- 8 oz tart cherries
- In a large bowl, with a mixer, whip cream cheese, yogurt, sour cream, 1/8 cup cream, vanilla, and half of the powdered sugar. Beat in lemon juice, tart cherry juice, rum essence, rum, and cinnamon.
- Mix in amaranth.
- Pit the fresh cherries or separate tart cherries from their syrup througha strainer. Set aside. Discard juice.(You can drink it.)
- In a medium size tall bowl, whip together 1 cup cream, remaining powdered sugar and beat until thickened. Fold into cream cheese mixture. Mix carefully. Don’t break the fluffiness.
- Pour this mixture into a serving bowl. Arrange the tart cherries evenly on top.
- Cover and chill for 4 hours before serving.
- Serve cold.