|Hazelnut Praline Mousse -- Roasted hazelnut and dark chocolate, crushed pieces of crisp wafer and rice base adds crunch to the dreamy, fluffy hazelnut praline mousse. Decadent pleasure to indulge in a low-carb French delicacy.|
Hazelnut Praline Mousse With Gianduja Crisp
Recipe developed by Diet Desires.
- 1.2 oz raisins, ¼ cup
- 1/3 cup hot water
- dash rum
Gianduja Crisp Base:
- 0.35 oz Krispy Rice cereal, crushed
- 0.5 oz hazelnuts, toasted* and chopped very small
- 1 oz Paillette Feuilletine*, crushed
- 0.5 oz 70 % dark choc, Callebaut or Ghirardelli, melted
- 1.8 oz Gianduja chocolate*, melted
- ½ cup full milk
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ TBSP Truvia Cane Sugar Blend or sugar
- ½ TBSP gelatin
- 2 TBSP water
- ½ TBSP rum
- 4.5 oz Callebaut Hazelnut Praline*
- 1.2 oz 70 % dark choc, Callebaut or Ghirardelli, melted
- 5.6 oz heavy cream
Chocolate Sauce (Optional):
- 1/3 cup water
- 6 TBSP Sugar
- 3 TBSP cocoa powder
- ½ tsp rum extract
- In a mug mix the hot water with the rum. Add raisins, stir. Soak for 30 minutes. Set aside.
Gianduja Crisp Base:
- In a medium bowl combine Krispy Rice, hazelnuts and Feulletine. Set aside.
- In a small silicon or glass bowl melt both chocolates in the microwave in 2-3x20 seconds interwall, till half melted. Stir them till fully melts. Pour it over the dry ingredients and mix well.
- While the chocolate is still warm, place a small amount (about 1 TBSP) of mixture in each ring with a tablespoon, and spread it out firm to form a base. Allow to set in a cool place.
- In a 2-Qt saucepan start slowly boiling milk.
- Whisk the yolks with Truvia or sugar by hand.
- Pour sugar mix into milk, stirring, then slowly heat up mixture till thickens. Might need an immersion blender to smoothen. Turn heat off.
- Meanwhile pour 2 TBSP hot (but not boiling) water into a very small bowl or measuring cup. (The water should be around 160 F (72 C). Sprinkle the gelatin over the water. Then whisk it for 1-2 minutes until the gelatin has dissolved.
- When yolk-sugar-milk mix thickened, stir in dissolved gelatin. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate in a small bowl in the microwave in 3x10 minutes intervals, stirring each time.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl measure hazelnut praline. Add melted chocolate, stir, then add the gelatin/egg mix in 3 portions. Whisk it together.
- Lightly whip cream - 2 minutes, with an electric mixer. Combine whipped cream with hazelnut mix. Pour immediately into the silicone mold.
- Top each cavity with 6-7 soaked raisins, then cover with cooled crispy rice base.
- Store mold in freezer, covered with plastic wrap for minimum 2 hours. Can be frozen for a few weeks.
- In a 1-Quart saucepan boil water, Truvia and cocoa powder for 3 minutes. Set aside in the refrigerator.