Gluten-free breaded fish is the healthier and lighter alternative to using flour using delicious almond meal, paprika and lemon zest. Healthier and lighter than using flour, now everyone can eat "breaded" fish. The almond meal, paprika and lemon zest in the batter brings a zing to the tasty fish.
Gluten-Free Breaded Fish
Recipe developed by Diet Desires.
- 1 lb haddock or cod*, sliced into 8 pieces
- Salt, pepper and paprika to taste
- 1.5 oz tapioca flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 TBSP Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 3.5 oz almond meal or flour
- 1 TBSP lemon zest
- Canola or coconut oil for frying
- Optional: lemon slices to serve
- Slice the fish into 8 pieces for easier frying. Using paper towels, pat the fish very dry, then season the pieces with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Prepare three small bowls for dipping the fish. Place the tapioca flour in the first bowl. Beat the eggs with the almond milk in the second bowl. Mix the almond meal with the lemon zest in the third bowl.
- Dip the seasoned fish pieces one-by-one into the tapioca, then in the egg, both sides. Finally coat both sides in the almond flour mixture. Shake the slices to remove the excess. Place them on a big plate.
- Fry the fish pieces in a 12-inch skillet in about a fingerful oil on medium high, for about 3-4 minutes. Then place the fried fish on two layers of paper towels to soak up the excess fat.
- Serve it with mixed green salad, or German potato salad.